[OS X TeX] MacTeX2009

Maxwell, Adam R adam.maxwell at pnl.gov
Thu Nov 12 22:30:09 CET 2009

On 11/12/09 11:57, "roberto avanzi" <roberto.avanzi at online.de> wrote:

> I just dowloaded the November 8 MacTeX package, and installed it.
> Selected the TeX Live 2009 installation in the preferences pane. Again:
>
> 2009-11-12 20:55:57 +0100 Notice -[TLMOperation main][3725] Standard
> error from `/usr/texbin/tlmgr --machine-readable --repository
> ftp://ftp.ctex.org/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet
>   update --list`
> tlmgr: package repository ftp://ftp.ctex.org/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet

By itself, this message is not a problem; tlmgr prints some informational
messages on the standard error file descriptor, and TeX Live Utility echoes
them for debugging (because in some cases they represent an actual problem).

Real problems should be followed by an error message, either in an alert
dialog or as an overlay on the main window with a gray background.  Most
people should just ignore the log output, especially now that there's a real
progress bar for updates.