[OS X TeX] novice problems with texlive 2009

Maxwell, Adam R adam.maxwell at pnl.gov
Fri Nov 13 00:07:16 CET 2009

On 11/12/09 12:20, "Aryeh Weiss" <aryeh at cc.huji.ac.il> wrote:

> I just downloaded and installed tl2009, using the install in its wizard
> mode. The installation proceeded smoothly, and the new distribution
> appears to reside in /usr/local/texlive/2009.
>
> How to I get TexShop to use the new distribution? I went to the aystem
> preferences app, and found the option to select Tex distribution.
> However, all that appears there are Fink-teTex and TeXLive-2008, so I
> dont know how to select TeXLive-2009.

Did you install using the TeX Live UNIX installer, or using the MacTeX
package?  If the former, it doesn't install the requisite infrastructure for
the TeX distribution control panel, so you'll need to manually set TeXShop
and other applications to use /usr/local/texlive/2009/bin/universal-darwin.
You'll likely have to adjust your path in Terminal/xterm, also.