[OS X TeX] TeX Live Sources

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 14:28:36 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 5:46 PM, Richard Koch <koch at math.uoregon.edu> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> On Nov 9, 2009, at 2:22 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>
>> Am 09.11.2009 um 22:13 schrieb Victor Ivrii:
>>
>>> Is there any way to compile kpathsea libraries without compiling whole TeXLive?
>>
>> TeX is not GPL'ed, so its sources can be obscured. (And it's a TeX Live decision which MacTeX follows.)
>
> Peter's words are directed at Victor's question, which I don't know how to answer. But it is conceivable that the remarks will mislead casual readers. The complete source code for TeX Live is available at http://www.tug.org/texlive/svn/. It can be downloaded by anyone using the rsync command described at this site; special svn permission is not required. Complete instructions for building these sources is at http://www.tug.org/texlive/build.html.  MacTeX is compiled directly from this rsync copy; the install package is made by running Apple's packagemaker pointed to a copy of TeX Live installed from the rsync copy.

I tried to reproduce these steps but it returns an error

xetexdir/XeTeXLayoutInterface.cpp:865: error: 'ATSUGetAttribute' was
not declared in this scope
xetexdir/XeTeXLayoutInterface.cpp:867: error:
'FMGetATSFontRefFromFont' was not declared in this scope
make[4]: *** [libxetex_a-XeTeXLayoutInterface.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

even if I run ./configure --disable-xetex

If I run ./configure --disable-web2c I run to

xdv2pdf.cpp: In function 'FixedPoint getGlyphVOrg(const nativeFont&, UInt16)':
xdv2pdf.cpp:504: error: 'ATSUGlyphGetIdealMetrics' was not declared in
this scope
xdv2pdf.cpp: At global scope:
xdv2pdf.cpp:623: error: variable or field 'readBitmapInfo' declared void
xdv2pdf.cpp:623: error: 'GraphicsImportComponent' was not declared in this scope
xdv2pdf.cpp:623: error: expected primary-expression before '*' token
xdv2pdf.cpp:623: error: 'bi' was not declared in this scope
In file included from /usr/include/dirent.h:65,
                 from
/Users/victor/Desktop/Build/source/texk/kpathsea/c-dir.h:30,
                 from
/Users/victor/Desktop/Build/source/texk/kpathsea/kpathsea.h:9,
                 from xdv2pdf.cpp:934:
/usr/include/sys/dirent.h:89: error: expected declaration before end of line
make[3]: *** [xdv2pdf.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

If I put --disable--xdv2pdf everything compiles but libkpathsea or
cannot be found, only linker libkpathsea.la

Any suggestions?

Victor