[OS X TeX] TeX Live Sources

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 00:37:33 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 5:46 PM, Richard Koch <koch at math.uoregon.edu> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> On Nov 9, 2009, at 2:22 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>
>> Am 09.11.2009 um 22:13 schrieb Victor Ivrii:
>>
>>> Is there any way to compile kpathsea libraries without compiling whole TeXLive?
>>
>> TeX is not GPL'ed, so its sources can be obscured. (And it's a TeX Live decision which MacTeX follows.)
>
> Peter's words are directed at Victor's question, which I don't know how to answer. But it is conceivable that the remarks will mislead casual readers. The complete source code for TeX Live is available at http://www.tug.org/texlive/svn/. It can be downloaded by anyone using the rsync command described at this site; special svn permission is not required. Complete instructions for building these sources is at http://www.tug.org/texlive/build.html.  MacTeX is compiled directly from this rsync copy; the install package is made by running Apple's packagemaker pointed to a copy of TeX Live installed from the rsync copy.

I am trying now to rsync; svn systematically stumbled upon some
patches. rsync seems to be slow

I am interested in dvisvgm because it could be used by the very newest asymptote

My question was how to build libkpathsea. May be special installer
could be arranged for some libraries and includes like MacTeXdev

Victor