[OS X TeX] Re: LaTeXit 2.0 unusable

epicurus at forallx.net epicurus at forallx.net
Mon Nov 9 22:13:37 CET 2009

> > Just tried out LaTeXiT 2.0.0.  It won't typeset anything, and
> > crashes shortly after a beach ball that occurs shortly after telling
> > it to ``LaTeX it!''.  The Console says it's a segfault.  Anyone else
> > having this problem?
> >
> > 10.5.8 Intel.  Previous version of LaTeXiT worked fine.
>
> It's working fine here. You might try to remove the preference files,
> fr.chachatelier.pierre.LaTeXiT.plist and fr.club.ktd.LaTeXiT.plist in
> ~/Library/Preferences/ (~ is your HOME folder). You'll have to set up
> any customizations you had before.

Thanks, but that didn't work.  Still the beach ball, still the crash.  What's more, after the crash my font caches seem to be messed up: they show the same symptoms as came from the infamous "font cache bug".  I patched the binaries affected by the fontcache bug when the patches came out.  LaTeXiT is messing with the cache---is that even possible?

- epicurus