[OS X TeX] MacTeX2009

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Nov 9 19:20:49 CET 2009

On Nov 9, 2009, at 12:13 PM, Adam M. Goldstein wrote:

> Naive question-
>
> Will updating with tlmgr (I've been using the pre-release versions)
> bring me up to date with the TeX and LaTeX packages, etc (not
> including the GUI's and other "extras" in the main .dmg)?
>
> Thanks
>
> Adam

Howdy,

If you are talking about updating MacTeX(TeX Live)-2008 the answer is
NO. There have been some structural changes between TeX Live 2008 and
2009 that doesn't permit that update. It is hoped that when TeX Live
2010 comes out simply keeping 2009 up to date via tlmgr (or TeX Live
Utility for a nice GUI interface on OS X 10.5 and above) will keep you
up to date.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)