[OS X TeX] An ounce of prevention...

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Nov 8 20:33:06 CET 2009

On Nov 8, 2009, at 10:20 AM, George Gratzer wrote:

> I will get my shiny new i7 iMac in the next few weeks.
>
> How can I migrate to it so that I preserve my Lucida installation in
>
> .usr/local/texlive/texmf-local
>
> This is a subfolder of an invisible folder. Will migration assistant
> copy it?
>
> GG

Howdy,

We expect to have MacTeX-2009 out in a few days rather than weeks! So
you may want to install that over the older system that is transferred
via Migration Assistant.

Oh... Migration Assistant will transfer the TeX Distribution but it
does some bad things that you will have to correct; the MacTeX-2009
installer will take care of fixing those things. See QM.10 on the
MacTeX FAQ for more information, <http://www.tug.org/mactex/faq/>.

Finally, since the texmf-local directory will still be in place after
installing MacTeX-2009 you will only have to install the lucida map
files like you originally did with MacTeX-2008.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)