[OS X TeX] Selection across the two panes of the source window

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Nov 8 17:21:42 CET 2009

On Nov 7, 2009, at 7:57 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> On Nov 7, 2009, at 8:52 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

>> Howdy,
>>
>> I think I'd have less faith in making the selection stretch
>> ``across'' two panes.
>
> How so? You would see at the same time the beginning of the
> selection on the upper pane and the end of the selection on the
> lower pane.
>
> Puzzled regards
> --schremmer

Howdy,

And you will have no idea about what's in between! The text in the
bottom pane is totally disconnected from the top pane so you may have
selected an end point that appears correct but is three sections down
from where you want to be. When done in a single pane you must scroll
past everything so you can be more careful.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)