[OS X TeX] Re: TeXShop: Stability issues and window position

Malcolm Ross Malcolm.ross at anu.edu.au
Wed Nov 4 23:04:11 CET 2009

On 05/11/2009, at 12:20 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Nov 4, 2009, at 12:14 AM, Malcolm Ross wrote:
>
>> I have experienced one of the problems that Davide reports, namely
>> crashing
>>
>>> 	- when asking to "sync" the tex and the pdf windows
>>
>> My set-up is the same as Davide notes in his email (see below).
>> Perhaps this is significant.
>>
>> All the best,
>>
>> - Malcolm
>>

> Howdy,
>
> When you compile the file is a .synctex.gz file created? What is
> your Sync Method (TeXShop->Preferences->Typesetting->Sync Method)?
> Does it work one way, e.g., source->pdf, but not the other way?
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Thanks, Herb. No, no .synctex.gz created.

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing, Davide and I
are simply referring to what happens when you command-doubleclick in
either the pdf or tex window to be taken to the corresponding point in
the other window. Sometimes --not always--the rainbow ball spins then
TeXShop quits. Annoying, but rarely disastrous.

- Malcolm