[OS X TeX] Font cache problems following Office installation

David Messerschmitt messer at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Nov 4 19:03:29 CET 2009

On Nov 4, 2009, at 9:21 AM, David Watson wrote:

> Try using /Applications/Font Book ->Edit ->Resolve Duplicates

Thanks, I tried this and it may have improved the looks a bit (the
fonts, particularly in equations, are not quite as messed up)
but did not get rid of the problem.

Specifically, I had quite a few duplicate fonts (indicated by the
dots) and I went thru and turned off duplicates one by one.
Rebooted. Problem recurs. Deleted Aux files. Problem recurs.

-dave

David Messerschmitt
Roger Strauch Professor Emeritus
Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences
University of Californa at Berkeley
     and
Visiting Professor
Helsinki University of Technology