[OS X TeX] Font cache problems following Office installation

David Messerschmitt messer at EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Nov 4 18:10:44 CET 2009

I am running Texshop 2.26 on OS X 10.5, and installed Office 2008
replacing Office 2004.
(I know, I deserve what I get...)

Following this change, the Texshop preview window fonts are messed up
about a third of the time.
(Screen shots supplied on request.) Adobe Reader and Apple Preview run
on the same file look normal.

This sounds like the infamous font cache bug (except that Apple
Preview looks normal!), so
I ran Fix-TeXLive-2008, but it didnt help. I also downloaded OnyX and
removed all the font caches it offered and that too didnt help.

Any other ideas?

-dave

David Messerschmitt
Roger Strauch Professor Emeritus
Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences
University of Californa at Berkeley
     and
Visiting Professor
Helsinki University of Technology