[OS X TeX] Undoing linkback

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at engr.psu.edu
Wed Nov 4 11:42:40 CET 2009

On Nov 3, 2009, at 11:04 AM, Chris Goedde wrote:

> Longer: If I drop a pdf made with LaTeXiT onto Omnigraffle, I can
> establish a linkback connection by double-clicking the pdf. That's
> great if I later want to change the pdf. However, if I accidentally
> double-click (for example) the linkback link prevents me from making
> new pdfs because any changes I make in LaTeXiT change the first pdf.
> How do I break the connection and let LaTeXiT know I want to create a
> new pdf rather than modify an existing pdf?

I use latexit (1.16.0) with keynote (4.0.4) and this works differently
for me than what you describe:

1. To link back I have to select the graphic and use the menu Edit/
Edit in latexit. Double-clicking the pdf doesn't work (would be nice).

2. After I link back, I can create a new pdf by  going to latexit and
opening a new window, as Herb suggested. No need to quit.

Incidentally, are you using the latest version?

Themis