[OS X TeX] Using new fonts in TeXShop

The Trystero turnandtaxis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 07:10:24 CET 2009

I installed the emerald font pack
(http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/emerald/) according to
instructions on http://tug.org/fonts/fontinstall.html.

The test (Step 5) went well and I obtained a testfont.dvi file that
displayed the fonts correctly. I spot tested this for several of the
fonts, including augie and tallpaul.

When I try this in TeXShop however, all the font selections display the
same font that looks nothing like the ones in testfont.dvi -- something
that like a typewriter font with random spaces between the letters. What
steps do I need to take to make it work in TeXShop?

I installed Latex using MacTeX. Here is the code I used in TeXShop:

\documentclass{scrartcl}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage{babel}
\usepackage{slantsc}
\usepackage{array}
\setkomafont{subsection}{\usefont{T1}{fvm}{m}{n}}
\setkomafont{section}{\usefont{T1}{fvs}{b}{n}\Large}
\setcounter{secnumdepth}{0}
\pagestyle{empty}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{emerald}

\begin{document}
\section*{Tall Paul}
\subsection*{\textbackslash ECFTallPaul}
\normalfont\ECFTallPaul
\input catalogue

\end{document}