[OS X TeX] More font problems

David Watson dewatson at me.com
Tue Nov 3 21:07:29 CET 2009

On Nov 3, 2009, at 1:57 PM, Stephen Anderson wrote:

> On 3 Nov, 2009, at 2:06 PM, Alan Litchfield wrote:
>
>> There are quite a few resources about installing fonts in LaTeX,
>> probably because of confusion people have about it. Here is a small
>> selection I have Googled:
>> http://www.umantec.nl/fontinst/
>> http://www.tug.org/mactex/fonts/fonttutorial-current.html
>> (obviously out of date now)
>> www.ntg.nl/maps/29/13.pdf (might be most useful for you)
>>
>> Otherwise the LaTeX Companion is a good source to use.
>>
>> Allan
>
> Thanks -- I REALLY didn't want to go through all of the steps to re-
> create the files for Adobe Garamond (and Warnock) again, so I just
> went the brute force way, copied all of the font stuff in /usr/local/
> gwTeX/texmf.local/fonts/ into what seemed to be corresponding places
> in /usr/local/texlive/texmf.local/fonts/, ran texhash and updmap-sys
> --enable Map for the two relevant maps, and now it works.  So I
> guess I shouldn't have wasted the electrons and people's time asking
> for help.  But thanks anyway.

You're not wasting anyone's time!
I've had several hard drive failures in the past (before I started
keeping a reliable backup), and reinstalling the MathTime Pro fonts
made my head spin every time.
Luckily you seem to have put the fonts in the right branch, or else
the next TeXLive release would have us scratching our heads again.