[OS X TeX] Opening many files in order

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Wed May 20 16:15:52 CEST 2009

On May 20, 2009, at 9:57 AM, David Watson wrote:

> The way MacOSX sorts is by dictionary order, so you will see files
> 1, 2, ..., 10 as:
>
> 1
> 10
> 2
> 3
>
> If you wanted them to open in numerical order, then you can achieve
> that by naming them with sufficient leading zeroes to force the
> dictionary order to match:
>
> 01
> 02
> 09
> 10

As I just responded, the cost for me would be unbearable. By the way,
though, when I experimented with that earlier on, I seem to remember
deciding that it wasn't just the alphabetical order and that the
order of last save also came in. But I don't really recall.

Rueful but grateful regards
--schremmer