[OS X TeX] OT: 10.5.7 issues?

Richard riseguin at earthlink.net
Wed May 20 00:52:46 CEST 2009

-----Original Message-----

I attempted to install 10.5.7 on my MacBook Pro (Santa Rosa) over the weekend, and the installer quit with an error message complaining about bad "install media". A reset led immediately to a kernel panic. The hard drive was not repairable with Disk Utility, I could not re-install Leopard, safe-boot also led to an immediate kernel panic, and even the hardware test run from the Leopard install disk resulted in an immediate kernel panic. Fortunately, it's still covered by Apple Care, and it's on it's way to the repair facility. They think the hard drive may have been marginal before the install, and may need to be replaced. Fortunately, I also backed up all my user data before doing the update.

Someone else on their MacBook Pro forum was complaining about a similar outcome.

Good luck!

Richard Séguin