[OS X TeX] OT: 10.5.7 issues?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed May 20 00:17:49 CEST 2009

On May 19, 2009, at 4:47 PM, Juergen Fenn wrote:

> Searching the web for 10.5.7 issues makes me wonder whether I should
> upgrade at all. Apple discussions are full of reports and queries by
> disappointed users trying to get their system running as before again.
> Seems much worse than ever before since I switched to the Mac.
> Particularly, users complain about an issue with X11 forcing them to
> upgrade to the latest xquartz from sourceforge.
>
> Opinions?
>
> Thx,
> Jürgen.

Howdy,

Don't know about problems with X11; I just ran Gimp and it seemed to
work ok.

The only problem I had was the the second time I would try to put the
system to sleep it would lock up and I had to force power down and
reboot. This was fixed by activating (even though I rarely use it) the
Ethernet port as well as my Airport. Not a problem since then. Of
course I consider this a bug that Apple knows about and will,
hopefully, attend to; I shouldn't have to have the Ethernet active if
I don't want to.

Oh... one other problem happened with Little Snitch but that software
had been updated and the problem is fixed.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)