[OS X TeX] New Editor.

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat May 2 04:04:15 CEST 2009

On May 1, 2009, at 8:55 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> On May 1, 2009, at 11:45 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> Most folks on the list know I'm big fan of TeXShop but I also know
>> that others have their own strong opinions which amount to a
>> religious war at time.
>>
>> I've just run across a new editor that is in beta at this time that
>> may have some interesting features for some folks (e.g., a side
>> panel with a document outline). Go to <http://deliciouscode.com/>
>> for more information. Oh... it seems to need OS X 10.5.x and is
>> universal.
>
> Given that the site is a .com, I would assume that TeXWriter will
> eventually become proprietary. Given that it is soliciting bug
> reports etc, it reminds me of the GraceNote incident a few years ago.
>
> Regards
> --schremmer

Howdy,

 From what little I've seen it is a VERY basic editor for learning the
VERY basics of writing LaTeX code. It has very few functions that I
would consider essential to helpp me edit and compile any document
outside of very simple ones. Since TeXShop has lots of stuff for
beginners but can be used by more advanced users too I'd still
recommend it to folks that will eventually want to do more than dip
their toes into the cold water of TeX. But each to his/her own.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)