[OS X TeX] New Editor.

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat May 2 03:48:12 CEST 2009

On May 1, 2009, at 8:09 PM, Iraj Kalantari wrote:

> Hello Herb,
> I set the path as per your suggestion.
> TexWriter crashes on my machine with no warning.  (TexLive 2008 + OS
> 10.5.6.)
> (I am curios about TexWriter -- it could useful to undergraduates
> just learning how to use TeX.)
> Thank you.
> Iraj.

I finally tried it out a tiny bit. Not bad for a very basic editor;
not very expandable, etc., but for real beginners it might do. I
didn't see any bibtex or makeindex support, etc.

Oh... I thought it wanted the general path to binaries but it wants
the path to pdflatex. It should be /usr/texbin/pdflatex rather than /

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)