[OS X TeX] using variables in text via references or labels

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Mon Mar 30 23:50:59 CEST 2009

At 11:35 PM +0200 3/30/09, Gert van Oss wrote:
>Thank you both! It took me some minutes to find out how to install
>some missing parts of Latex: datatool, xfor.
>And then I got the example to work, this is exactly what works for
>me! I didn't know how to look for this solution as I didn't know
>something like this existed.
>I'm using very large tables in my documents but I'll just create a
>summary-table with the specific numbers that I'll want to mention in
>my text so efficiency is not a problem. It will anyhow always be
>better then scanning my screen for a number I might have forgotten
>to append.
>Thanks again,

You're welcome.  Just for completeness, there was a redundancy in the
getrow command: it doesn't need to assign a command to the Index, and
it certainly doesn't need to assign it twice as in my original
example.  So a better command would be:

  (Of course if having a command for the Index is useful, it could be assigned.)

Alan Munn						amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages		Tel.
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824 USA	Fax	517-432-2736