[OS X TeX] dvips folder in the pstricks installation

Itamar Francez ifrancez at uchicago.edu
Sat Mar 28 23:05:00 CET 2009

Dear all,
I'm trying to install pstricks, but for some reason when I call the
package I get this error message:

/usr/texbin/dvips: ! Couldn't find header file pst-algparser.pro.
Note that an absolute path or a relative path with .. are denied in -
R2 mode.

I've seen several discussions of this on various mailing lists, but I
haven't managed to figure out where I need to stick the files in the
dvips folder, where pst-algparser.pro is sitting.
any advice?
Thanks, Itamar.