[OS X TeX] Sysquake for LaTeX (and TeXShop)

Ramón Figueroa-Centeno ramonf at hawaii.edu
Sat Mar 28 09:03:08 CET 2009

I am exploring Sysquake for LaTeX (Download it here <http://www.calerga.com/products/SQLx/index.html>). It is quite powerful. The syntax is (AFAIK) the same as MATLAB's, which makes it great for teaching linear algebra.

Now, it requires every document to be typeset twice, so I wrote a TeXShop engine for it:

pdflatex "$1"
pdflatex --shell-escape "$1"

Save it in a text file named Sysquake.engine in ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/

Then add the line:

% !TEX TS-program = Sysquake

to the beginning of a LaTeX document, which uses sysquake, to typeset it twice in a row.

It will do 3D plots (something I am stumped with using sagetex):

% !TEX TS-program = Sysquake
t = 0:pi/50:10*pi;

The Sysquake for LaTeX documentation contains a nice example:

Sent from the MacOSX-TeX mailing list archive at Nabble.com.