[OS X TeX] foo.pdf is still in use

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Mon Mar 23 18:25:37 CET 2009

On Mar 23, 2009, at 06:38 , epicurus at forallx.net wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Ever since TeXShop 2.25 came out, the following has been bugging the
> heck of of me.
>
> I make a pdf with TeXShop.  I close the pdf and all other TeXShop
> windows, but do not quit the program.  I move the pdf to the trash.
> I attempt to empty the trash.  I get a message from Finder that says
> foo.pdf couldn't be deleted because it's still in use.  Even though
> it's NOT still in use.
>
> If I quit TeXShop and try to empty trash, it succeeds.
>
> This did not happen in TS 2.21, but started with 2.25 and continues
> in 2.26.
>
> Has anyone else seen this?  I'm running 10.5.6 on intel.

I just tried this on a fresh upgrade (2.25 -> 2.26) of TeXShop, and I
don't see the problem.

I typeset a PDF, dragged it to the trash, and then emptied the trash.
The PDF was removed without complaint.

I am likewise using 10.5.6 on Intel (Power Mac).

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large, Director
Institute for the Enhancement of the Director's Income