[OS X TeX] foo.pdf is still in use

epicurus at forallx.net epicurus at forallx.net
Mon Mar 23 14:38:53 CET 2009

Hello,

Ever since TeXShop 2.25 came out, the following has been bugging the heck of of me.

I make a pdf with TeXShop.  I close the pdf and all other TeXShop windows, but do not quit the program.  I move the pdf to the trash.  I attempt to empty the trash.  I get a message from Finder that says foo.pdf couldn't be deleted because it's still in use.  Even though it's NOT still in use.

If I quit TeXShop and try to empty trash, it succeeds.

This did not happen in TS 2.21, but started with 2.25 and continues in 2.26.

Has anyone else seen this?  I'm running 10.5.6 on intel.

- epicurus