[OS X TeX] TeXcount Drop Scripts.

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Mar 22 20:23:29 CET 2009

Howdy,

The texcount engines that come as part of TeXShop 2.26 (they must be
activated to use them) assume that your TeX Distribution has the
texcount perl program. If you have MacTeX 2008 there is no problem but
previous distribution didn't have that program installed.

I've put together a pair of Drop Scripts (corresponding to the two
[inactive] engine files that come with TeXShop 2.26) that have
internal copies of texcount so they will work independent of TeX
Distribution. If you drop filename.tex onto the Drop Script filename-
count.html will be produced in the same directory as the tex file and
your browser will open that html file. You can drop multiple tex files
or even a folder containing tex files and all will be processed. (The
process is NOT recursive! :-).)

You can get the Drop Scripts as DropTeXcount.zip from my download site
<http://homepage.mac.com/herbs2>.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)