[OS X TeX] Is there a better alternative to \DeclareGraphicsExtensions ?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Mar 21 13:22:46 CET 2009

Am 21.03.2009 um 12:48 schrieb Daniel Becker:

> I have to confess that I have difficulties to understand code like
> in epstopdf.sty.

That's normal.

> Where can one learn about it?

The TeX Book by Donald Knuth (texbook.tex or some more in knuth.zip)?
It's on DVD in source. There is always documentation on ɛ-TeX or e-
TeX (/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/doc/etex/base/etex.html -> /
usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/doc/etex/base/etex_ref.html) and
pdfTeX ('texdoc pdftex-a'). Since epstopdf.sty is by Heiko Oberdiek,
it's probably useful to read his pdftexcmds and maybe more!

After years of being a (La)TeX author one knows what one needs to
know and where it was found – and I am just an interested amateur!

> Is this TeX or LaTeX?

It's both, because LaTeX is a lot of prepared TeX macros. And amongst
them one always needs to use some "plain TeX."

I'll see whether I can improve tif2png – and I also don't promise
anything!

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Die Zeit wird kommen, da unsere Nachkommen sich wundern werden, wie
wir so wunderbare Dinge einfach gewusst haben konnten.
                         (Ein Optimist nach Lucius Annæus Seneca)

P.S.: Your PGP signature is reported to be invalid: "Erstellungsdatum
der Signatur nicht vorhanden"