[OS X TeX] Is there a better alternative to \DeclareGraphicsExtensions ?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Mar 21 13:22:46 CET 2009

Am 21.03.2009 um 12:48 schrieb Daniel Becker:

> I have to confess that I have difficulties to understand code like
> in epstopdf.sty.

That's normal.

> Where can one learn about it?

The TeX Book by Donald Knuth (texbook.tex or some more in knuth.zip)?
It's on DVD in source. There is always documentation on ɛ-TeX or e-
TeX (/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/doc/etex/base/etex.html -> /
usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/doc/etex/base/etex_ref.html) and
pdfTeX ('texdoc pdftex-a'). Since epstopdf.sty is by Heiko Oberdiek,
it's probably useful to read his pdftexcmds and maybe more!

After years of being a (La)TeX author one knows what one needs to
know and where it was found – and I am just an interested amateur!

> Is this TeX or LaTeX?

It's both, because LaTeX is a lot of prepared TeX macros. And amongst
them one always needs to use some "plain TeX."

I'll see whether I can improve tif2png – and I also don't promise

Mit friedvollen Grüßen

Die Zeit wird kommen, da unsere Nachkommen sich wundern werden, wie
wir so wunderbare Dinge einfach gewusst haben konnten.
                         (Ein Optimist nach Lucius Annæus Seneca)

P.S.: Your PGP signature is reported to be invalid: "Erstellungsdatum
der Signatur nicht vorhanden"