[OS X TeX] mactlmgr and a4paper

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Thu Mar 19 22:01:45 CET 2009

Le 19 mars 09 à 20:07, Herbert Schulz a écrit :

> On Mar 19, 2009, at 12:38 PM, Alain Matthes wrote:
>
>> Yes  I know but where is the problem with mactlmgr ??
>>

> Howdy,
>
> Are those dimensions correct for a4 paper? (I'm showing how little I
> know here!)

\pdfpagewidth=210 true mm
\pdfpageheight=297 true mm

yes A4 dim

> By mactlmgr I assume you really mean TeX Live Utility (TLU).

yes

> Do you have TLU set to do
> `updates for all users' or only personal updates?

> `updates for all users'

> Do you have a ~/.texlive2008/tex/generic/config/pdftexconfig.tex
> that is being read before the ones in the texmf-config tree?

No and my ~/Library/texmf is clean

> I guess I'm not sure what you are seeing as the problem.

  I don't understand why after update-all, the defaultpaper size becomes
  letter size. I think the only possibility is to modify
pdftexconfig.tex. Perhaps  TUL uses letter  default size under some
conditions ??

  I use only TUL to update my distribution so I don't understand how
it's possible?

Actually I try 'Change paper size' with TUL and without problem.

I'm waiting for the next update-all  ...

Regards

Alain Matthes