[OS X TeX] Spotlight TEX and PDF

N Shah pony777 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 20:40:43 CET 2009

Following Maarten's suggestions, I created a smart folder and opened
up the saved search in TextWrangler so I could change the raw xml.
Smart folders are really xml files that tell spotlight the query to
execute and where in the file system to execute it.  I then changed
the raw query key in the xml file to read:

(kMDItemCreator == "*tex*"c) || (kMDItemContentType == "org.tug.tex")

This found all tex files and tex created PDFs in the folder(s) I
specified when I created the smart folder.  Not exactly what
Friedrich specified, but pretty close.  Note that trying to further
edit the smart folder via the finder undoes the change in query.  If
you change the search criteria in the finder (e.g. if you specify new
folders to look in) you'll have to go back and re-edit the xml.

Hope that helps.

  - Nirav