[OS X TeX] Spotlight TEX and PDF

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 18 18:14:30 CET 2009

On 18 mrt 2009, at 15:05, RA Friedrich Vosberg wrote:

> Morning.
> I want to create a smart folder in Finder.app that includes all TEX
> files and their respective PDF files. So in human words the search
> criteria would be:
> Find all files with the extension TEX and all PDF files with the
> same file names like the found TEX files and list them both.
> How should I translate this query to be understandable for the
> Finder.app?

I don't know a single query that will match the combination
requirement. Matched don't work across files, only on single files as
far as I can see.

It isn't too hard to find all TeX created pdf files:

"'Content Creator' (probably in the 'Others…' dialog) contains tex"
will find all pdf files made by (pdf)(e)TeX.

Hope this gets you started,