Re: Rép : [OS X TeX] tkz-tab (Was: Missing $ inserted in a "variations" environment)

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 03:12:21 CET 2009

On Mar 17, 2009, at 9:49 PM, Axel E. Retif wrote:

> On  17 Mar, 2009, at 18:04, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>
>> On Mar 17, 2009, at 2:57 AM, Axel E. Retif wrote:
>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> That is, I do not make the TikZ graphics in the book I'm working
>>> on, but in separate files and include the PDFs in the book, as
>>> normal graphics. I even have a TeXShop template:
>>
>> I am not (yet) at the point where I can truly appreciate TikZ but
>> my situation is different in that the magnum opus is being
>> uploaded under a GNU FreeDocLic for other people to download and,
>> maybe, use in their own classes.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> In other words, the idea is that including TikZ figures might
>> simplify things for the users in that there would just be the
>> LaTeX files.
>
> I'm sure it will. But obviously in that case my lazy method of just
> be unnecessarily time consuming.

I haven't really studied what you mean with your "lazy method" but I
am going to.

>> But then that might make further editing harder for the users.
>
> Further editing by users? Well ---I know that you want your work to
> be free, both gratis and libre, but I hope that when I download
> your magnun opus ---and I *will* download it *and* read it--- I can
> be sure everything is by your pen (or keyboard).

Well, this might have its pro  ... and con.

But, under the GNU FreeDocLic, if people can make modified copies,
the original has to remain available and my deep seated caution would
not let me put the magnum opus to the test of a wiki: what if it were
improved?

Very flattered regards
--schremmer