Re: Rép : [OS X TeX] tkz-tab (Was: Missing $ inserted in a "variations" environment)

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 00:32:52 CET 2009

On Mar 16, 2009, at 7:05 PM, Alain Matthes wrote:

> Le lundi16mars2009 à 11:42PM, "Alain Schremmer"
> <schremmer.alain at gmail.com> a écrit :
>

>> 3) With just:
>>
>> 	\usepackage{tikz}
>> 	\usepackage{tkz-tab}
>> 	\usepackage[upright]{fourier}
>> 	\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
>> 	\usepackage{amsmath,fullpage}
>>
>> —The example from page 92 still works
>> —The Sign-diagram with the same packages gives the error
>>
>> 	! Package pgfkeys Error: I do not know the key '/tikz/decoration'
>> and I am goin
>
> Hi
>
> with TikZ like pstricks, you need to use some librairies (modules)
>
> when you have __ I do not know the key '/tikz/decoration' __
>
> it's because you don't use
>
> \usetikzlibrary{decorations.pathreplacing}
>
> with tkz-tab I use  : \usetikzlibrary{arrows,patterns}   but with
> the sign-diagram example
> I put a big brace above the table and I need the decoration library
> to make this

It all begins to make sense. (As already mentioned I finally found
page 6)

My main mistake was that I thought I could bypass the learning curve
with TikZ which I really want to learn but don't have too much time
for at the moment.

So, what I think I am going to do is to stay a bit with TeXLive until
the reason I stuck with gwTeX shows up again but I will learn TikZ
and Tkz-Tab bit by bit using  "TeX Distribution" if need be.

That way, I will wait until TeXLive has it, then move to Leopard with
a clean install. Painful but that will be my usual occasion for
getting rid of the flotsam (E.g. trying to see something or the
other, I wound up with a teTeX installation, curtesy of FiNK. Blessed
be the "TeX Distribution" panel or whatever it is called.)
But then I ought to be ready to use TikZ seriously.

Grateful regards
--schremmer