[OS X TeX] How to count number of words in TEXSHOP

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Sat Mar 14 02:04:17 CET 2009

On Fri 13th Mar, 2009 at 17:29, Peter C. Lichtner seems to have written:

> Edit->Statistics really doesn't work. It includes things like \usepackage
> etc. It would be nice if one could get the word count for a selected portion
> of the text and not the whole document.

Actually, it filters a good deal out (including \usepackage) so that
doesn't get counted. There is a service available for Mac OS X (called
WordService) which will give a word count for a selected portion of
text in a Service-aware application such as TeX hop.

- cfr