packages in TeXShop (was: Re: [OS X TeX] question regarding spacing after a period)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Mar 14 00:17:50 CET 2009

Am 14.03.2009 um 00:04 schrieb <cfrees at imapmail.org>:

> My _impression_ is that if you aren't too
> bothered about them being run quite so often, you may fairly safely
> just leave the system to get on with it but I can't speak from
> experience as I use anacron on my machine to make sure everything is
> done

It works! I stopped using anacron when Apple's last security update
from 2008 stopped the peaceful coexistence of Desktop Manager and
Dock. The only cure was to archive&install (I can perform it now in
three hours!). And I did not re-install anacron. Launch Service is a
bit slow, i.e., eight hours can pass with the Mac on until it sees:
oh, I missed one!

BTW, in your system you should find that things get done twice ...
(with MenuMeters or iStat menu in the  menu bar or GKrellm in X11
you can see two peaks of simultaneous CPU load and disk use; and of
course there are the LOG files)

--
Greetings

   Pete

The best way to accelerate a PC is 9.8 m/s²