[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.25 change causing much consternation

Gary L. Gray glgray at me.com
Fri Mar 13 20:31:33 CET 2009

Hi All.

I have the following setup with a certain document.

    Main.tex is the root file that should be typeset.

    Chapter-A.tex is file that is included in Main.tex.

As the first line of Main.tex, I have:

%!TEX TS-program = latex

so that it is typeset with TeX + DVI. As the first line of Chapter-
A.tex, I have:

%!TEX root = ../Main.tex

With versions of TeXShop prior to 2.25, I was able to use ⌘-T in
either file, and it would properly typeset Main.tex using TeX + DVI.
With TeXShop 2.25, If I type ⌘-T in Main.tex, it works. If I type ⌘-
T in Chapter-A.tex, it calls Main.tex for typesetting, but it typesets
using pdftex.

This is new behavior and it is causing no end of trouble for me. How
do I now type ⌘-T in Chapter-A.tex and get it to typeset Main.tex
using TeX + DVI???

Thank you.

-- Gary