[OS X TeX] Re: TeXShop Feature Request

Cameron Bracken cameron.bracken at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 08:42:24 CET 2009

> While having multiple source files in one window with tabs sounds great, I
> wonder how many messages are going to be generated on this list about how to
> 'turn off tabbing when using different master files' or 'how can I get it
> NOT to turn off tabbing when I have two different master files'... And I
> ABSOLUTELY abhor the "file tree" in the left hand pane as an alternative.

I think a good solution could be something similar to a Winedt project file.
 A project file would simply be a list of files that are included by the
main document like.  For example for the main file main.tex the project file
would be main.texshop and have contents like:

sections/section1.tex
sections/section2.tex
sections/section3.tex

and so on.  The default behavior when this file was opened would be to open
the main document in a new window with all of the included files in tabs.
This would also solve the (in my opinion) problem of having a bunch of
.texshop files running around.  This would also not interfere with the
current way of having a separate .texshop files because one is never created
for the main document.

-Cameron