[OS X TeX] How to install PDFbox on MacOS X 10.5.6?

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Sun Mar 8 00:44:11 CET 2009

On Fri 6th Mar, 2009 at 22:14, RA Friedrich Vosberg seems to have written:

> Morning.
>
> I do not understand, what I would do and how to do it right, if I would
> follow the instructions on:
>
> http://pdfbox.darwinports.com/
>
> Could somebody please explain me step by step how to install PDFbox v0.7.3
> without damaging my system?

The instructions are right there. They begin with:
 	If you haven't already installed Darwin Ports, you can find
 	easy instructions for doing so at the main Darwin Ports page.
And continue with:
 	Once Darwin Ports has been installed, in a terminal window and
 	while online, type the following and hit return:
 		%  cd /opt/local/bin/portslocation/dports/pdfbox
 		%  sudo port install pdfbox
 		Password:
 	You will then be prompted for your root password, which you
 	should enter. You may have to wait for a few minutes while the
 	software is retrieved from the network and installed for you.

Did you follow these instructions? What happened? What is unclear?

- cfr