[OS X TeX] TeXShop Feature Request

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Mar 7 21:00:22 CET 2009

Am 07.03.2009 um 20:07 schrieb Alain Schremmer:

> OK, since with mine that makes two votes in favor, how about
> phrasing the wish that way:
>
> 	A choice in Preferences between the current Source, Preview,
> Console windows and a single tabbed window with tabs for Root
> source, Included source(s), Preview, Console, Log, etc

No, not that! What I meant is at least two tabbed windows. Plus an
optional third one with the console log.

One set of tabs in one window can have all input related things like
(La)TeX, BibLaTeX, and whatever sources, the other set of tabs in
another window can have all output related stuff. There could be a
choice between console log and real LOG file. And it's not
necessarily a preferences thing, I think. Every TeXShop window should
become enabled to open new tabs into which source, log, or PDF files
can be loaded (or mapped).

Another option could be to have in the output related window open
more than one page of the PDF output. Optional: in each tab the
option to freeze the output displayed fron an ancient run. To be able
to compare (Rome before and after burning).

And another option would be to click on warning or error messages in
a log tab and a tab in a new or in the input related window opens
showing the corresponding line in a STY or CLS file which is
reporting the cause of the message. Of course the input sources get
adjusted too to show the code triggering the message.

A new name for the new tool could be: TeXShop Centre®™. TeXShop Mall?

(I hope it wasn't too much sun out today!)

--
Greetings

   Pete

A morning without coffee is like something without something else.