[OS X TeX] Wrong latex getting used.

Gerrit Glabbart g.glabbart at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 3 22:53:02 CET 2009

Am 03.03.2009 um 20:28 schrieb Rolf Turner:

> 	I found Prof. Schulz's reply facile and patronizing, and of
> 	no help whatever.

Well, we all make mistakes, but Herb Schulz's batting average is
*way* above the norm.

> 	I took a great deal of trouble to compose a complete and
> 	clear explanation of my problem.  Getting Schulz's response
> 	was a bit like asking a question about stochastic differential
> 	equations and getting in response a lesson in elementary
> 	arithmetic.

I don't have your original message to check, but if Herb
misunderstood you, you ought to at least consider that it was not as
complete and clear as you wanted it to be. Herb is one of the most
consistently helpful and patient people on this list; considering he
took the time to answer your query at all, albeit not to your liking,
do you really think calling his response "facile and patronizing" is
an appropriate reaction?

Not that it's my place to defend Herb's honor or anything, but the
tone of your email rubbed me the wrong way, and seemed out of place
on this usually extraordinarily civil mailing list.

Best,
Gerrit.