[OS X TeX] Custom TexShop tags?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Mar 2 15:15:39 CET 2009

On Mar 2, 2009, at 7:59 AM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> TS recognizes \chapter, \section etc and produces book mark tags. Is
> it possible  for the user to define additional tags? I would like to
> include \frametitle as a custom tag.
>
> Themis

Howdy,

It is possible to add manual tags to a document by using the

%: <tag contents>

at the start of a line. You can then build a macro that contains

%: frametitle: #SEL#
\frametitle{#SEL#}

and give it a keyboard shortcut (Cmd-Opt-T ?). The write your frame
title, e.g., My Title, at the start of a new line, select it and
execute the macro to get the lines

%: frametitle: My Title
\frametitle{My Title}

which is not exactly what you wanted but it works.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)