[OS X TeX] Re: Mini Toc

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 01:53:11 CEST 2009

On Jun 26, 2009, at 3:51 AM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> Sorry about my post of three minutes ago: I had forgotten to place
> \dominitoc before the
>
> 		\include{../Chapters-contents/\jobname}
>
> in the "control files"
>
> My only excuse is that it was 3:45 AM. But I was punished as I lost
> an hour on this.

I don't know what I was on last night but, this evening, it is still
not working properly. To save time and effort, I will first give a
new improved and minimal version of my first post:

I have the following setup for a MagnumOpus text that consists of one
included chapter called ONE. The setup allows me to typeset just one
chapter---here ONE.

A. In the Chapters-contents Folder, I have a "contents file", ONE.tex

	%!TEX root = ../Chapters-controls/ONE.tex
	\chapter{ONE is odd}
	\minitoc
		some text
		\section{First}
		a little bit of text

B. In the Chapters-controls Folder, I have a "control file", ONE.tex

	\documentclass[11pt]{book}
	\usepackage{minitoc}
	\begin{document}
		\dominitoc
		\include{../Chapters-contents/ONE}
	\end{document}

C. In the Text Folder, I have the master file, MagnumOpus.tex

	\documentclass[11pt]{book}
	\usepackage{minitoc}
	\begin{document}
		\dominitoc
		\tableofcontents
		\include{../Chapters-contents/ONE}
	\end{document}

--- When I typeset (three times) the master file MagnumOpus.tex, I
get the mini toc in the chapter as expected.

--- When I typeset (either one of the two) ONE.tex, I get the pdf of
the chapter as usual, that is without the mini toc (even though the
mtc files are generated.)

Hopeful regards
--schremmer