[OS X TeX] question on texcount applescript (selected text only)

Daniel Becker daniel.becker at uni-rostock.de
Sat Jun 20 17:40:31 CEST 2009

Hallo -

I was asked to improve the usage of texcount from within TeXShop. An
annoying thing is that is currently is not possible to select text and
tell texcount only to count only the selected part.

I think this is for applescript. Is there a straightforward way to do
this? I looked at
http://www2.hawaii.edu/~ramonf/TeXShop/TeXCount.html
Works very well and already uses temporary files but I don't know how
add something like

* if text is selected, dump only that part to TMP that is selected

Any ideas?

Daniel