[OS X TeX] All TeX files are locked!

André Bellaïche abellaic at math.jussieu.fr
Thu Jul 30 02:34:14 CEST 2009

Le 30 juil. 09 à 02:05, David Watson a écrit :

> On Jul 29, 2009, at 6:51 PM, André Bellaïche wrote:
>>
>> Before trying this, I want rto show you the result of ls -al in one
>> of the affected directories. Does it look normal?
>>
>> -rw-rw-rw-+   1 andre  staff
>> -rw-rw-rw-+   1 andre  staff
>> -rw-rw-rw-@   1 andre  staff
>> drwxrwxrwx@  20 andre  staff
>> -rwxrwxrwx@   1 andre  staff
>> -rwxrwxrwx@   1 andre  staff
>> -rwxrwxrwx@   1 andre  staff
>> -rwxrwxrwx@   1 andre  staff
>> -rwxrwxrwx@   1 andre  staff
>> -rwxrwxrwx@   1 andre  staff
>> -rwxrwxrwx@   1 andre  staff
>> -rwxrwxrwx@   1 andre  staff
>> -rw-rw-rw-@   1 andre  staff
>> -rwxrwxrwx@   1 andre  staff
>> -rw-rw-rw-@   1 andre  staff
>> -rwxrwxrwx@   1 andre  staff
>> -rwxrwxrwx@   1 andre  staff
>> drwxrwxrwx+   6 andre  staff
>> -rw-rw-rw-@   1 andre  staff
>> -rw-rw-rw-+   1 andre  staff
>
> The @s mean that these files have extended attributes, that you may
> inspect by
>     ls -l@ *
> in Terminal.
>
> The +s indicate the presence of extended security information, most
> likely ACLs that were added by using the Finder, or alternately,
> Terminal-fu.
>
> Do you have children?

I may have done all this mess myself.

> Perhaps someone opened "Get Info" for a certain folder, changed the
> permissions for "everyone" and then clicked on the gear at the
> bottom of the window, and then selected "Apply to enclosed items".

I have done something like that. But why should I get two "everyone" ?

The "sharing and permissions" windows looks like

> I would suggest that you go to the containing folder, open "Get
> Info"->"Sharing and Permissions", find the "everyone" item that has
> personalized permissions, and then click the "-" at the bottom of
> the window.

I can't do that.

Only files (many files in many directories) have two different
"everyone" owners. Directories are OK.

Impossible to get rid of the "personalized" everyone. Even after
unlocking the lock and having given my password, the minus sign at the
bottom of the window stays gray. Clicking on the "everyone" does not
change anything. The plus sign is OK, I can add new users.