[OS X TeX] All TeX files are locked!

Alan T Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Thu Jul 30 01:29:14 CEST 2009

On 30/07/2009, at 11:04 AM, André Bellaïche wrote:

> Le 30 juil. 09 à 00:47, Alan T Litchfield a écrit :
>
>> Option 1: Fix the ownership/permissions on the affected file (in
>> the GUI, click on the file, press Cmd+i and look at the bottom of
>> the opened pane. You will need the admin password probably.
>
> But hundred of files are affected!
>
> I have tried to read the info for some of the affected files:
>
> For all of them, I get for owners :
>
> everyone : personalized
> Me : read and write
> staff : read and write
> everyone : read and write
>
> I suspect the first "everyone" is the "everyone" of my MacBook Pro!
>
> For EPS files, I get the same funny list of owners, but it does not
> prevent rewriting on an existing file.

OK, instead in Terminal

cd to the affected directory and chown 770 or 775 for each *.tex

For specific instructions on what to do man chmod.

You might also need to su

Otherwise you might want to specify ownership with chown, read it in
man chown.

>> Option 2: Repair Permissions using Disk Utility if you want to fix
>> the whole disk's permissions at the same time.
>
> I have already done that. It seems that permissions have been
> repaired for system files, but not for my files.

Interesting. Haven't had that before with me. Have you tried logging
in as admin if your login is limited?

Alan

--
Alan T Litchfield