[OS X TeX] Pre-testing TeXLive 2009

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Jul 14 16:39:16 CEST 2009

Am 14.07.2009 um 11:45 schrieb Jean-Claude DE SOZA:

> For now, all my TeX files using Metapost, Tikz or PSTricks, Beamer,
> gnuplot or asymptote work perfectly excepted two problems:
> - I usually use the FrenchPro typography package coupled vith
> babel; it doesn't work anymore (no chance to fix this because its
> author Bernard Gaulle is dead) and i have to delete it.

Copy the file and directory structure from, probably, inside TeX Live
2008 into the independent /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local tree.
Elevated privileges are require. Finally a

	sudo -H texhash  /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local

will be necessary.

> - the texmf folder which sits in your home Library is not
> recognized and I have to add all the files from it to the texmf-
> local which is in /usr/local/texlive (authentication required).

This can be due to a new behaviour of the original version of an
install script. Look, with elevated privileges, into /usr/local/
texlive/2009/texmf.cnf and correct the probably faulty setting.

In the next days a new test release of again 1.25 GB will be
available. Updates of TeX Live 2009, all but the Mac OS X extras like
applications, Ghostscript, ImageMagick, can be achieved by running
tlmgr or TLU, the TeX Live Utility (Leopard needed). Right now I
think using

	tlmgr --location <one of those listed> update --all

is recommended. Tlmgr advises to fetch a shell script which, when
executed with elevated privileges, does changes to the TeX Live 2009
infrastructure which, when done via tlmgr, might not succeed.

Hopefully there is a site where with the updated Mac OS X extras like
applications, Ghostscript, ImageMagick, etc. I haven't checked the
CTAN pretest site completely, maybe I overlooked an entry…

--
Greetings

   Pete

Math illiteracy affects 7 out of every 5 Americans.