[OS X TeX] Pre-testing TeXLive 2009

Jonathan Kew jonathan at jfkew.plus.com
Tue Jul 14 12:44:02 CEST 2009

On 14 Jul 2009, at 10:45, Jean-Claude DE SOZA wrote:

> - the texmf folder which sits in your home Library is not recognized
> and I have to add all the files from it to the texmf-local which is
> in /usr/local/texlive (authentication required). Of course, after
> that you have to do a sudo texhash.

A better approach (IMO) would be to figure out why the ~/Library/texmf
folder is not recognized, and fix this -- and report back to Dick so
that the package can be updated appropriately.

(I suspect it is looking for ~/texmf instead of ~/Library/texmf, and
needs an adjustment in texmf.cnf or something like that; perhaps Dick
forgot to set this when building the package. But I haven't downloaded
it to check, this is just a guess.)

JK