[OS X TeX] OT: Novice needs your help in latex2html and latex2rtf

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 03:12:27 CEST 2009

Back on 21.11.2005, Dyballa made a number of recommendations. I am
wondering to what extent they would still hold today.

More generally, does anyone have any recommendation regarding LaTeX ––
 > HTML?

By now I can do it but very, very clumsily both with SimpleTeX4ht
which is easy to use but does not work very well and OzTTH that works
relatively better. But, in general, the mathematics are non-existent
and figures are essentially ignored.

While I don't have that much to do, it is a very, very royal pain
having to wade through rather dirty code to fix things.

tex4ht seems to require a C compilation. I have not tried Hevea nor
latex2html (By the way, the http://www-texdev.ics.mq.edu.au/l2h/docs/
manual/ link on http://www.latex2html.org/ is broken.)

So, do I just put up with the royal pain?

Regards
--schremmer

P.S. In this day and age, something reasonable really ought to be
part of MacTeX.