[OS X TeX] Invoking latex with tex + ghostscript option?

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Wed Jul 8 16:20:23 CEST 2009

At 12:11 AM -0600 7/8/09, Robert Morelli wrote:
>I'm trying to compile LaTeX files using pstricks.
>
>As I know, pstricks is not compatible with pdflatex.
>I use MacTeX-2008, which defaults to pdflatex, so I'm encasing all the
>pstricks code in pdftricks, which is supposed to restore compatibility.

This is only necessary if you use other packages that *require*
pdflatex.  Otherwise, you can just use your pstricks code as is.  I
use pstricks a lot and never use pdftricks (and in fact, I can't use
it for my particular application of pstricks.)  But I don't use any
pdflatex-specific packages (e.g. microtype).

If you also don't use such pdf dependent packages (and most aren't)
then you might find it a lot easier not to use pdftricks.

>I need to invoke the "ordinary" latex on the generated files, not
>pdflatex.
>
>I was told that I need to invoke latex with the "tex + ghostscript"
>option. How do I do that?

As Herb said, this is easiest using the comment line at the top of the file.

Alan

Alan Munn						amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages		Tel.
	517-355-7491
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824 USA	Fax	517-432-2736