[OS X TeX] Chicago Manual of Style

Pierfranco Minsenti pierfranco.minsenti at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 09:52:15 CEST 2009

Hi,

I think that for those wishing to use the Chicago Manual of Style the
mcbride style is recommended because it was developed by Ken Shan for
improving the original chicago.bst. The last version was updated in 2007.
Se the presentation page at http://www.digitas.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/wiki/ken/
McBride <http://www.digitas.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/wiki/ken/McBride%29> where
you can also download che mcbride.bst file.
In the bibliography section mcbride.bst  don't put brackets around the
publication year.

Here you can see is an examle of the output of two references as they appear
in the final PDF: the first one from a book and the second one from a
journal article:

Pickard, Alison Jane. 2007. *Research methods in information*. London:
Facet.

Powell, RR, LM Baker, and JJ Mika. 2002. Library and information
science practitioners and research. *Library and Information Science
Research *
24(1):49–72.

As you may see:

1) authors first names are full, not only initials, provided in you bibtex
file you have put them;

2) no brackets around publication year

3) article title without quotation marks

4) journal title in italics.

Best wishes
Pierfranco

Adam: