[OS X TeX] Chicago Manual of Style

Salvatore Enrico Indiogine hindiogine at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 20:48:43 CEST 2009

Dear fellow LaTeXers:

So far I have been using APA format and thanks to Google and help from
you all gotten it to work.

Now I have been asked to submit an article in the Chicago Manual of
Style.  This is what I have tried so far:

%! program = pdflatex
% file:/Users/henk/Documents/SSCH/Elements-Paper.tex

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{geometry}
\geometry{letterpaper}

\usepackage{hyperref}
\usepackage{pdfsync}
\usepackage{setspace}
\usepackage{natbib}
\usepackage{url}

\bibliographystyle{chicago}
\bibliography{/Users/henk/Papers/mathed}
\end{document}

However, I do not think that the bibliography in the PDF follows the
Chicago Manual of Style format.   I attached the pdf.

I also have nasty things happening such as figures in the bibliography section.

I tried to use http://www.reed.edu/cis/help/latex/bibtexstyles.html
from Reed College.  But I did not succeed in installing their
bibliography package.  Used "sudo texhash" repeatedly and placed the
bst file in ~/Library/texmf/bibtex/bib/  but according to the bibtex
log it was not recognized

I am using TeXLive 2008 with all the updates and Aquamacs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Enrico

--
Enrico Indiogine

Mathematics Education
Texas A&M University

Email: hindiogine at gmail.com
Skype: hindiogine
Website: http://www.coe.tamu.edu/~enrico

"Rien ne va de soi.  Rien n'est donné. Tous est construit."   Gaston
Bachelard, 1934